Highlanders Helping Haiti
UC Riverside has one of the most ethnically diverse student populations in the country. When an international disaster happens such as the tragic 7.0 earthquake that struck Haiti on Jan. 12 and has claimed tens of thousands of lives it affects our UCR family in stirringly unique ways.
We are committed to helping our Haitian students whose families, friends and hometowns sadly were directly impacted by the disaster. Furthermore, we have created these Web pages in response to UCR students who actively want to be involved in Haiti's relief efforts.
Whether through volunteering or donating cash, food or clothing, we have assembled a list of resources and relief organizations to encourage everyone to help the Haiti disaster victims rebuild their lives and communities. We also hope that the crisis abroad informs our UCR students, faculty and staff about ways they can serve their own communities locally.
Find out more!
- Support UCR's "Help Haiti" bracelet campaign
- See the latest photos from Haiti
- Read updated news about the relief effort
- Learn how to make a Haiti donation safely
- View the White House Haiti Relief page
- Get the latest news from the US State Department
- Find an agency to send your Haiti donation
- Learn more about the Clinton Bush Haiti Fund
- Read about Haiti's government and geography