UC Riverside Helping Nepal
Reaching Out to Nepal
On April 25, 2015, Nepal experienced its worst earthquake in 80 years. It struck at
the heart of the nation, just 47 miles (77 kms) northwest of its capital, Kathmandu.
The 7.8 magnitude quake sent 20 shockwaves to China, India and Bangladesh. On May
12, another 7.3 earthquake caused even more devastation.
Over 8 million Nepalese – more than a quarter of the nation’s population – lost their homes, places of business, belongings and food/water sources. More than 5,000 have died.
Join the international community as UCR sends relief to Nepal. Explore the many resources on this site, and make a difference by getting involved. We also hope that the crisis abroad inspires the UCR community to serve others here at home.
Find Out More
- Learn how to safely make a donation to Nepal.
- See how to cope with stress from a disaster.
- Read a letter from Chancellor Kim Wilcox.
- Read more from USAID about supporting the response efforts.
- View the White House blog.
- Read about Nepal's government and geography.
- Get help from UCR's International Student Resource Center.
- Find ways you can volunteer in your own community.